Name that book!
Test your knowledge of books by guessing the book that the quotes below have been taken from. Can you name them all?
1. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
Dr. Seuss, Oh! The Places You’ll Go
2. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice (1813)
3. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely”.
Roald Dahl, The Twits
4. “All children, except one, grow up.”
J.M. Barrie: Peter Pan (1911)
5. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think”
A.A Milne Winnie the Pooh
6. “The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places”
Roald Dahl, Charlie and the chocolate factory
7. “I knew who I was this morning but I’ve changed a few times since then”.
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
8. “There’s No Place Like Home.”
L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz
9. “He has terrible tusks and terrible claws and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws”
Julia Donaldsons, The Gruffalo
10. “This is a tale of a tiny snail and a great big, grey-blue humpback whale”
The snail and the whale Julia Donaldson
HOW DID YOU DO?